Thursday 12 February 2009

The first words for my paramotoring world.

I would have never believed that one day I will fly like a bird. I really mean 'bird', where you have a full freedom to go 'almost' every where by your own wing, not like being transported by a huge airplane. In my childhood, Doraemon's Take-copter (bamboo-copter) stunned my flying instinct enormously. Today, my dream has come true, when a set of paragliding wing and motor allows me to fly almost the same way as what Nobita could do. A real freedom.

Once decided to blog my flying experiences, there are quite a number of things worth thinking about. The first thing that came into my mind is what language I will use. Thai seems to be the most reasonable choice as most of my pilot friends are Thai and most events I would like to cover take place in Thailand. There are also many paramotorist groups with large number of members in Thailand who could be my intended audience.

Although, there are at least two major websites that host webboards specifically dedicated to Paramotor Sport (www.thaiparamotor.com and www.weekendhobby.com), where pilot folks around the country share their experiences, discussions and even photos. The large contributions to the webboard community show the dramatic increase in pilot number in Thailand and hence the sport popularity. One told me that we have at least 1,500 paramotor pilot active today and the number is still increased. Much less is known to the outside world about paramotor activity in Thailand. I believe that Thailand is one the best flying spot in the world, considering its mild and warm weather and all-year-round flyable duration. I thus decided to use English to attract more international audience and promote the activity to people outside Thailand.

My mission (and ambition), of course, is probably too dramatic. I have just entered the sport for less than half a year with only 80 logged flights. Anyway I consider that this is an interesting point of my blog as my flying experience will grow with my posts.

Hope you enjoy and follow it!

6 comments:

  1. อาจารย์สวัสดีค่ะ
    หนูอ้อมนะคะ..จำได้มั๊ย
    ที่ไปนครสวรรค์ด้วยง่ะ
    อ่านบล็อกอาจารย์แล้ว
    แปลออกบ้างไม่ออกบ้าง
    ฮ่าๆๆๆ

    ^__^

    อาจารย์คะไว้เจอกันที่ไร่องุ่นนะ

    ReplyDelete
  2. สวัสดีครับน้องอ้อม.. ขอบคุณที่แวะมาทักทายครับ อย่างที่เล่าไว้ในบทความแหละครับว่าคิดหนักเหมือนกันว่าจะทำ Blog ภาษาอะไรดี ในที่สุดก็เลือกภาษาอังกฤษ เพราะว่าจะได้อาศัยเผยแพร่กิจกรรมการบินของบ้านเราให้เพื่อนๆ ในประเทศอื่นได้รู้ด้วย และเว็ปภาษาไทยก็มีพอสมควรแล้ว บ้านเรามีสภาพอากาศที่ดีมากๆ เมื่อเปรียบเทียบกับประเทศอื่นๆ ภูมิประเทศก็สวยงามเหมาะสำหรับการบิน ก็เลยอยากเล่าให้เพื่อนๆ ที่อยู่ประเทศอื่นได้ฟังบ้าง

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Good luck with everything.
    One of these days I'd love to go over to Thailand and fly.
    Paul Anthem
    USA
    http://www.youtube.com/user/444paraflyer

    ReplyDelete
  4. สวัสดีครับ
    ดีใจครับที่ได้เป็นหนึ่งในสมาชิคสนามบินไร่องุ่น สนามบินที่มีแต่คนดีๆมารวมกัน นิสัยดี อารมณ์ดี และที่สำคัญ หน้าตาดี กันทุกคนเลย ฮ่า ๆ ๆ

    เอาเวปพยากรณ์อากาศมาฝากครับ
    http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&locCode=ASI|TH|TH010|CHON%20BURI&metric=1&hbhday=2&hbhhour=13

    ReplyDelete
  5. ขอบคุณมากครับ เฮียโหว สำหรับเว็ป มีประโยชน์มากเลยครับ

    Hi Paul,

    You're most welcome to our location in Chonburi. Only 1 hr from Bangkok and 45 mins. from Suvanbhumi airport. Do come and enjoy free Thai beers (after flights, of course). We always do cross-country flights. Do join. Drop me an email if you're settle with your plan;)

    Nayot

    ReplyDelete
  6. ปิดเทอมแล้วดีใจจริงเอย


    อาจารย์ได้ไปงานของพี่เล็กมารึป่าวคะ?
    หนูอยากไปอ่ะ
    แต่ไปไม่ได้อ่ะ มีอุปสรรคในชีวิตนิดหน่อย
    ติดสอบแล้วก็เคลียร์กับการบ้านที่เหลือ

    เฮ้อ..

    ปล.หนูเห็นอาจารย์บินที่หาดบางแสนด้วยนะ..อิอิ

    ReplyDelete